Monday, October 24, 2016

REFLECTIONS: 10 day stretch between this and last post!  Didn't fee like 10 days! 2 more kid ailments made time fly.  Enough with fevers and garbage... bleh!  Looking forward to Spring when no one catches anymore colds!  My goals, and "me" have been a pretty low priority.  I started a bit last week returning to prioritizing what things make me tick and make me feel good.

I burned my hand this morning.  Poured boiling hot water on it.  I'm in a lot of pain and my first thought was, how is this going to get in the way of my week?  How is this going to keep me from achieving my goals??? How is this going to hold me back??  I hate pain from burns and this one is pretty bad... it's the entire top surface of my left fingers... it's throbbing.  I think if I can stay focused, and not fall into the excuse making mentality I always seem to fall into, I will get through this.  

So I finished one of my 2016 goals this past weekend!  I ran the 5K!  It went well!  It was a fun run so it wasn't times but I still got it done!! :) 

Things I will do differently this week:  I don't really need to change anything below.  I'm still working towards these things. 

This week, I'm just focusing on being present and making the right choices for myself in each moment.  I don't need to write out a long list of do's and don'ts or have some list of things to live by.... I know what those are.  I just need to take each choice in the moment, as it comes and do the right thing. 

GRATITUDES:
-I am so grateful for my strong and healthy body- I am free of chronic ailments and serious disease
-I am so very grateful for the home I have- so many people don't even have something as simple as a home- shelter, a place to sleep, away from the elements
-I am so very grateful to be able to watch the sunrise while I reflect about life this morning instead of having to run off to an 8-6 job that rules my life
-I am so very grateful for my dedication and determination when it comes to accomplishing my goals!
-I am so very grateful that I have some incredibly motivating and cool people in my life! 

WHAT I'M DOING TODAY TO WIN AT LIFE: 

Daily Non-Negotiables 
-take supplements
-stretch and meditate 
-30 minute 21 Day Fix workout 
-use meal plan tracker
-shower/look beautiful/wear one piece of jewelry

New/Carry-Over To Do Today

-mail
-bills
-organize desk
-hang up picture in back room
-print out lyrics
-split out harmonies for Thursday
-vocal rehearsal
-do something creative
-start clearing out the gym again
-hang up shelf in office 
-clean the picture frames and put some pics in and possibly hang up
-start floating out ideas for promoting benefit show- 6 emails between now and the show
-make one or 2 more promo videos? if time allows


GOALS FOR THE REST OF 2016:

-Run 5K:   I actually did it! It wasn't fast, nor was it timed, but I did it!! 
-Size 4 or 125: Not on target for this by try try again! 
-Put on another phenomenal charity event: Have lots of work to do still! 
-Make a vision board: Need to get ink for my printer got it! Now need to do it! 
-Figure out a work situation that works for me AND pays! Meh... 
-Throw my kids an art birthday party: Need to make a decision about this...  
-Host a killer Thanksgiving: Stated watching on streaming food network, thanksgiving recipes- jotted them down in the notes section of my phone.  
-Wake up between 4:30-6:00 a.m. every week day-  I'm waking up more days before 6:00 than I had in the past, so that's good! 

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on running the 5k! THat is amazing.

    When I have burned myself in the past, what has helped is putting soy sauce over it, miraculously and weirdly enough.

    that is a great gratitude list BTW - especially things like health are so important and you never know when they will fail. I learned last weekend when my stepdad had emergency heart procedure

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's your step dad doing? Yea- crazy how things can just come up unexpectedly like that... Scary... we are only guaranteed the moment we are in.

    That's so interesting about the burn! Funnily enough, I made it through the burn with no problem! It was an easy recovery. My skin is actually still rough and peeling a bit but better!

    ReplyDelete