Monday, September 26, 2016

Clean Slate Monday: A Fresh New Start!

REFLECTIONS: It's Clean Slate Monday! What does that mean?  That means that anything that once may have been a truth, as near as yesterday, is erased today.  It's a fresh start.  It's an opportunity to live life by design.  It's an opportunity to say "I am going to do things differently today and the past is irrelevant".  It's a hopeful place!  I've even decided to "clear the slate" mid week, and even mid day at times... but Monday is the most instinctual place for me to take a do-over!

I haven't been the nicest, mom/wife over the past few days.  Super grouchy.  I'm not taking my supplements, my sleep patterns are off, I'm not eating terribly but my diet is lacking lots of greens, and I'm literally flying by the seat of my pants.  This week I'm going to focus on getting back on track, and getting to a place where I feel good about the person I am and where the people around me feel loved and cared for.

Things I will do differently this week: 
Create and follow a schedule
Be prepared for the day, before my family wakes up
Take all of my supplements
Focus on 4 meals, 100 grams of protein and lots of nutrition veggies
Exercise daily
Do fun (hopefully free) activities with my daughter while my son is at school
Get out and do 2 things for myself that are fulfilling spiritually and emotionally

GRATITUDES:
-I am so grateful that the sun rises and we can begin again
-I am so grateful for spiritual teachings and perspective
-I am so grateful for amazon and grocery delivery- two modern day conveniences that I'm super dependent upon
-I am so grateful for my friends who are so incredibly supportive
-I am so grateful for the TONS of fun things that I get to do in life!
-I am so grateful for the inspiration and good feelings this song give me: Brand New Day

WHAT I'M DOING TODAY TO WIN AT LIFE: I'm already off my meal plan for the day.. I can just start now and salvage the day... 

Daily Non-Negotiables 
-take supplements
-stretch and meditate 
-30 minute 21 Day Fix workout  or 5K prep
-use meal plan tracker
-refresh house- dishes away, clean kitchen, make beds, 
-is this 5K prep day?
-shower/look beautiful/wear one piece of jewelry

New/Carry-Over To Do Today
-organize the desk
-organize my work stuff
-organize my yoga stuff
-check in on CRCD balance and pay off
-review finances 
-mail out S4S benefit cards
-make a weekly schedule again
-do monthly calendars for October, November, December 
-do something creative
-deep clean bedrooms, vacuum behind beds, under the furniture and clean the baseboard heater
-get laundry away
-clean and put back Teeny Tiny's carpet
-change sheets on the beds
-finish cleaning the bathroom
-start decorating the downstair playroom
-start clearing out the gym again
-hang up shelf in office 
*Bonus- clean the picture frames and put some pics in and possibly hang up


GOALS FOR THE REST OF 2016:

-Run 5K: Comments: Need to make a running schedule 
-Size 4 or 125: First goal is to really feel comfortable in my size 6 new lucky jeans... they feel as comfortable as sweatpants and I want to live in them... just a little muffin topish! LOL! 
-Put on another phenomenal charity event: This is coming along great!  Made a promo video everyone really enjoyed.  
-Make a vision board: Need to get ink for my printer
-Figure out a work situation that works for me AND pays! Talking to my boss today.  
-Throw my kids an art birthday party: Working on this.  Found a mobile art truck.  Kind of expensive though. 
-Host a killer Thanksgiving: Stated watching on streaming food network, thanksgiving recipes- jotted them down in the notes section of my phone.  
-Wake up between 4:30-6:00 a.m. every week day- try as I might... 

1 comment:

  1. half the battle is knowing what's missing to create a better life for yourself! I wish for you a brilliant week :D

    ReplyDelete