Thursday, September 29, 2016

REFLECTIONS: Well... clean slate Monday was a bit of a bust as the day/night went on. Little guy was sent home from school with high fever.  Late night he started complaining about pain in his right side... repeatedly... which lead us to questions appendicitis.... so off to the hospital, who decided their tests were inconclusive and transferred little dude (with me) to the Children's Hospital about an hour away.... All in all, he's fine.  No appendicitis.  Mild pneumonia!  So shocked.  My big goal right now is to keep him healthy and reboot is immune system.  

So needless to say, life happened with complete disregard to my plans!  Getting back on track sleep wise was quite challenging pulling an almost all nighter... but I managed today to get up at 6:00 a.m. despite wanting to stay in bed.  I plan on getting my workout in shortly and taking all my supplements with breakfast- things I committed to this week. 




Things I will do differently this week: Today I'll focus on healthy eating, 4 meals, protein intake

Create and follow a schedule- (update: I worked on it until I had to pick up little guy from school)
Be prepared for the day, before my family wakes up (update: hasn't happened yet) 
Take all of my supplements (update: doing well with this!) 
Focus on 4 meals, 100 grams of protein and lots of nutrition veggies (update:really not happening) 
Exercise daily (update: also no success as of yet) 
Do fun (hopefully free) activities with my daughter while my son is at school(update:again... as above) 
Get out and do 2 things for myself that are fulfilling spiritually and emotionally(update: 2 fun things on the calendar from Friday and Saturday!  Want to get out for yoga at some point this weekend) 

GRATITUDES:
-I am so very grateful that people are starting to have uncomfortable conversations so we can move forward in this country.
-I am so very grateful that this election has brought to surface all of the hidden prejeudices and stereotypes and biases because without them bobbing to surface we can't try to break them down.
-I am grateful for Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood- my kids are obsessed with it and the messages are so good AND I read and article that showed kids who watch DTN were more socially aware and kind to others.
-I am so very grateful that we may have free community college available to us- I cross my fingers- I'm already looking at courses I can take and certificates I can complete in 2017/18!  I know I'm jumping the gun but I really want to get my personal training certification and take some art classes!

WHAT I'M DOING TODAY TO WIN AT LIFE: I'm staying organized and on schedule and on top of my game.

Daily Non-Negotiables 
-take supplements
-stretch and meditate 
-30 minute 21 Day Fix workout  or 5K prep
-use meal plan tracker
-is this 5K prep day?
-shower/look beautiful/wear one piece of jewelry

New/Carry-Over To Do Today
-organize the desk
-organize my work stuff
-organize my yoga stuff
-check in on CRCD balance and pay off
-review finances 
-mail out S4S benefit cards
-make a weekly schedule again
-do monthly calendars for October, November, December  
-do something creative
-deep clean bedrooms, vacuum behind beds, under the furniture and clean the baseboard heater
-get laundry away
-clean and put back Teeny Tiny's carpet
-change sheets on the beds
-finish cleaning the bathroom
-start decorating the downstair playroom
-start clearing out the gym again
-hang up shelf in office 
*Bonus- clean the picture frames and put some pics in and possibly hang up


GOALS FOR THE REST OF 2016:

-Run 5K: Comments: Need to make a running schedule 
-Size 4 or 125: I'm drifting further and further... joining a heath and fitness accountability group on 10/5
-Put on another phenomenal charity event: First meeting with my partner today 
-Make a vision board: Need to get ink for my printer
-Figure out a work situation that works for me AND pays! Still need to talk with boss.  
-Throw my kids an art birthday party: Working on this.  Found a mobile art truck.  Kind of expensive though. 
-Host a killer Thanksgiving: Stated watching on streaming food network, thanksgiving recipes- jotted them down in the notes section of my phone.  


-Wake up between 4:30-6:00 a.m. every week day- Got up at 6:00 today!  It's a start.  (1/30) 

3 comments:

  1. that's a great list! I love the political bit but i do really hope your son gets cured super quick! weird how someone can think appendicitis is pneumonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. He had pain when he coughed and kept pointing to his belly... and then his right side... with a fever, the first thing to rule out is appendicitis... it was probably radiating pain that he couldn't quite identify?? idk? The chest x-ray showed haze in the right lung so makes sense... he was just feeling it lower in his body?

    The political bit has been interesting... I'm having conversations with people I never would have even spoken with in this country. It's so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was me earlier this year... then i totally burned out

    ReplyDelete