Wednesday, November 2, 2016

REFLECTIONS: Garbagey garbage describes my health this Fall.  Just garbagey garbage. Bleh.  I'm sick AGAIN.  Started with a sore throat last Friday and today I woke up with bilateral conjunctivitis- for those who don't know what that is- it's gooky, crusty, red eye funk.  Iiiieeewww.  Last week was an insanely busy week where I didn't get enough sleep and I ran myself into the ground. Moral of the story?  Something is going to give- and if you don't take good care of yourself?  It's probably going to be your health.  So if I want to keep up this pace I need to be more disciplined about my sleeping, eating and self-care.  But I know all this already.  I just need to do it.  Discipline.  Why is it so elusive? 

So what's the positive in the eye crust and dirty tissue piles?  I've slowed down.  And slowing down means breathing and seeing things around you that you may have missed if you were going too fast .... the leaves are turning colors, tons of yellow and orange, and my summer plants are still in bloom, and my daughter is saying new words and my son's imagination is going wild right now with all of these amazing stories and ideas!  And slowing down does mean I can focus on more of the granular work... so on to that list.... things I can do while I'm sick that won't be over exerting and will allow me to still slllllooooowwww dowwwwnnnnn....




-follow up with the people for the 13th
-do the bills
-send out a promo email with contest info
-post to Facebook as well
-print out all lyrics and order them
-highlight and cut the lyrics as needed
-record the versions we are doing from youtube into garage band and make into mp3's 
-create the iTunes playlists
-burn playlists to DISC for car
-create karaoke playlists
-burn to DISC
-make youtube playlist for when blue tooth fails me
-start working on outline for ReGroup meeting
-print pie chart to fill in
-print values list 
-make menu for 13th party
-figure out goodie bags for 17th?


Things I will do differently this week:  

This week- or what's left of it- will be focused on self-care, staying in a positive, loving frame of mind, focusing on what things I can get done, passive activities, administrative tasks- it'll make me so relieved to have that above list OFF my plate.

Can I TRY to get to bed before 10?  That'd be amazing if I could consistently do this for the rest of the week!

Can I TRY to avoid garbage food?  OF course.  That's easy.  

GRATITUDES:
-I am so grateful for the joy I get looking into my kids' faces
-I am so grateful for netflix and hulu and all things to help keep my kids occupied while I try to get better.
-I am so grateful for my warm shelter
-I am so grateful for all of the conveniences I have in my life
-I am so grateful for the wonderful friends I am surrounded by 

WHAT I'M DOING TODAY TO WIN AT LIFE: 
It's funny that I have that list of "non-negotiables" but I have yet to have 1 full day where I do ALL of those things. I need to finish listening to miracle morning I think... apparently there are some tips for getting you life all in gear before 8 a.m.  Sounds good to me!

Daily Non-Negotiables 
-take supplements
-stretch and meditate 
-30 minute 21 Day Fix workout 
-use meal plan tracker
-shower/look beautiful/wear one piece of jewelry

New/Carry-Over To Do Today

-mail
-bills
-organize desk
-hang up picture in back room
-print out lyrics
-start clearing out the gym again
-hang up shelf in office 
-clean the picture frames and put some pics in and possibly hang up
-make one or 2 more promo videos? if time allows?


GOALS FOR THE REST OF 2016:

-Run 5K:   I actually did it! It wasn't fast, nor was it timed, but I did it!! 
-Size 4 or 125: Not on target for this by try try again! 
-Put on another phenomenal charity event: Have lots of work to do still! 
-Make a vision board: Need to get ink for my printer got it! Now need to do it! 
-Figure out a work situation that works for me AND pays! Meh... 
-Throw my kids an art birthday party: Need to make a decision about this...  
-Host a killer Thanksgiving: Stated watching on streaming food network, thanksgiving recipes- jotted them down in the notes section of my phone.  
-Wake up between 4:30-6:00 a.m. every week day-  I'm waking up more days before 6:00 than I had in the past, so that's good! 

1 comment:

  1. Dunno if i ever congratulations on the 5k, that's amazing! Recently saw a Netflix thing about people doing a crazy 3 day race who had previously been obese, it was inspiration

    Sorry re health! You're not the first person i hear about this fall

    The other day i thought i wa succumbing so i irrigated my sinuses and gargled with diluted vinegar water (very dikuted for the sinuses) and it seems to have gotten rid of it. Or maybe i never wa sisck i dunno but i find things like that seem to help, also the hot toddy-sweat out the day you begin to feel ill.

    ReplyDelete