Wednesday, September 21, 2016

REFLECTIONS: Hello Wednesday!  I am happy to report that one kid is better enough to go back to school, another is on the mend and I have somehow avoided the really bad kid gunk so far in that I haven't gotten some crazy fever like they both did.  Yay first week of school germs!! 

So I pretty much have decided that I can't keep my babysitter and work. I have to just work while my little girl sleeps, before both kids wake up, and either at night or on the weekend for this to make sense.... OR.... the other option is to try and take on a few more yoga teaching gigs that are during hours when my husband is home.  The only problem with that is that is is time away from him and the family.  The plan is to first tell sitter tomorrow and give her 3 weeks notice.  From there, I will try the job thing just during the hours she sleeps and see if I can work this out.  It just requires a bit more discipline on my part.  Discipline and organization.  I wish that I was keeping track of how many times since I started this post I've gotten up for something... diaper change, tissue to blow nose, water, blocks, scarves, 3 different music videos ... it's her new favorite thing... watching Bob Marley and Jack Johnson videos :) Anyway... trying to do anything with a Toddler takes forever.  That's just the truth.  Look- I even inadvertently capitalized the word "toddler".... like she's a diety! LOL 


GRATITUDES:
Today I am so very grateful...

-for this space to write and reflect.  I've missed doing this.  

-for the moments of peace I can find between the moments of chaos 

-for an amazing yoga nidra class last night 

-for the wonderful people who teach, and help, and serve 

-that I have self awareness 

-for the love of my family and my friends

WHAT I'M DOING TODAY TO WIN AT LIFE: I've been doing great sticking with my workouts.  I haven't been doing that great on the diet front.  In my humble opinion- It's seriously so hard to stick so "strictly" to any sort of eating plan unless your hobby or job depends upon it- the bottom line is that I go to events, I eat out, I go to parties and I am NOT bringing my own food :) ... I eat well, I don't eat junk (for the most part save rare occasions) and I don't insanely overeat ever.  To attain some of those "ideal" fitness looks, you just HAVE to give up certain things... the bikini competitor look is NOT sustainable even for them.  They have special diets that they adhere to for the weeks leading up to competition... it's not even how THEY walk around and it's their "job" or at least their passion.  So, I've accepted to what degree I will attain my goals in my mind. I've been REALLY impressed with how well the Beach Body workouts work.  21DFX give amazing results in my opinion. So I'll keep at it.  The BEST thing I could do for myself right now to help with my fitness?  Eat more regularly, not skip meals, workout early because I don't like working out after I have eaten, and GO THE F%$K TO SLEEP at a reasonable hour! Seriously.  Go to sleep. 

Daily Non-Negotiables 
-30 minute 21 Day Fix workout 
-use meal plan tracker
-refresh house- dishes away, clean kitchen, make beds, 
-is this 5K prep day?
-shower/look beautiful/wear one piece of jewelry

New/Carry-Over To Do Today
-make prenatal resource book and get fears worksheet ready and email sign up
-check in on CRCD balance and pay off
-review finances 
-finish folding laundry and put away 
-put presents away 
-finish addressing thank you cards
-mail out cards
-figure out how to make mailing labels from excel 
-label S4S benefit concert post cards
-start working on addresses for S4S benefit concert 
-make a weekly schedule again
-do something creative
*Bonus- clean the picture frames and put some pics in and possibly hang up


GOALS FOR THE REST OF 2016:

-Run 5K: Comments: Need to make a running schedule 
-Size 4 or 125: Got back to the workout yesterday the eating was going ok until night time.  Stayed up too late. 
-Put on another phenomenal charity event: More details to follow about "phenomenal" 
-Make a vision board: Need to get ink for my printer
-Figure out a work situation that works for me AND pays! After taxes and babysitting I am making crap money. I think I figured out what I need to do. 
-Throw my kids an art birthday party: Working on this.  Found a mobile art truck.  Kind of expensive though. 
-Host a killer Thanksgiving: This will be no problem. :)  I need to start collecting all my Thanksgiving recipes and table setting ideas somewhere... probably Pinterist unless it's possible to categorize here... I'm not so familiar with blogging. 
-Wake up between 4:30-6:00 a.m. every week day

1 comment:

  1. right on re fitness thing: it's very much about bulking, then cutting, then doing crazy shenanigans like not drinking water for 24 hours b4 a competition to not 'bloat'. Like, WTF, dude... so not worth it..... I for one have discovered that if i am logging i do SUPER WELL on my eating as in no big deal to diet or not, but the minute my routine changes or something takes me out of that space then i probably am actually overeating a lot. IE spend a week away from home and even though i had computer access the whole time just the being away messed me up. And now will be gone all weekend so not even going to think about logging again till I'm home again. In a sense it dont' matter how long it takes to build a habit

    if you did want to look at the bright side of being forced by toddlers or whatnot to move around (props re bob marley :D) is that you are not sedentary haha, they always advise a person get up from their desk every 20 minutes and you are doing that - all those annoying distractions are contibuting to fitness health. Cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete