Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Shifting My Energies

REFLECTIONS:
First, it's so incredibly nice to have a place to daily reflect on life again...  where I am today, where I want to be, what I'm grateful for, whatever's on my mind.  Today it's the job that needs reflection.  Because I'm using a sitter while I work, I am literally making peanuts.  I pay her cash.  Then I get taxed and have to deduct her hourly cash pay from my take home and it ends up being miniscule. The goal was to use her for 10 hours and work 10 other hours to make it work and make it make sense.  10 hours with her here to do phone calls and things I can't do with the kids- then 10 hours research, emails etc.  I've not been able to make it past 15 hours... it's so hard being a full time mom and making that happen outside of babysitting hours... and most weeks I've been around 12 hours with one week falling under 10 because of Kindergarten orientation and Dr. appointments and such.  I really have to rethink this.  It's great because I'm setting myself up for a long term really high paying gig with this company in a year or two... but for now it sucks.  What I should do is let my babysitter go and work 12-2 everyday while my son is in school and while my daughter is sleeping.  No babysitter needed.  It's probably for the best.  It's more stressful to do that way because sometimes she doesn't go right to sleep- or sometimes she doesn't sleep at all.  I'm just going to have to be prepared for that and accepting that I have no control over it.  So the plan?  I will give my sitter 3 weeks notice but she can go anytime before that if she finds something else- so finish out the week of October 3rd, last day being October 6th.  I'll tell her this Thursday.  

GRATITUDES:
Today I am so very grateful...

-that my husband dealt with several hours of the baby waking because she is sick.  Glad we took shifts.  He took the much longer shift too.  

-for my daughter's absolute cuteness... I can't even with her adorable face and hair and she looks so cute in her new pajamas! 

-for my son's amazing personality.  He is just such a cool kid!

-for options.  I have so many options.  I am freaking appreciative of that! I know how blessed I am to have different paths and roads to take.  

-for living life be design instead of going with the flow and getting caught is some other current that's not mine.  

-for the abundance of fun people around me who are always down for a good time! 

-that I've been a really good parent recently... I've actually been observing my own parenting as if I'm outside of my body and I've been impressed with what a good job I'm doing to be loving and make my kids feel loved, being diplomatic, being a good teacher to them... setting a decent example. 

WHAT I'M DOING TODAY TO WIN AT LIFE: Comments.  I was slow going yesterday with everything.  Admittedly, everyone in the house is sick and I'm sure I'm fighting off all these germs myself.  This is how it goes. Today, although I'm still not up to snuff, I am going to catch up and get everything done that I need to get done.  

I was unsuccessful in using the meal tracker although I did get my workout in.  I still need to address the finances and clear of presents from the dresser.  

Daily Non-Negotiables 
-30 minute 21 Day Fix workout 
-use meal plan tracker
-refresh house- dishes away, clean kitchen, make beds, 
-is this 5K prep day?

New/Carry-Over To Do Today
-make prenatal resource book and get fears worksheet ready and email sign up
-check in on CRCD balance and pay off
-review finances 
-laundry 
-put presents away 
-finish addressing thank you cards
-mail out cards
-label S4S benefit concert post cards
-start working on addresses for S4S benefit concert 
*Bonus- clean the picture frames and put some pics in and possibly hang up

GOALS FOR THE REST OF 2016:

-Run 5K: Comments: Need to make a running schedule 
-Size 4 or 125: Got back to the workout yesterday the eating was going ok until night time.  Stayed up too late. 
-Put on another phenomenal charity event: More details to follow about "phenomenal" 
-Make a vision board: Need to get ink for my printer
-Figure out a work situation that works for me AND pays! After taxes and babysitting I am making crap money. I think I figured out what I need to do. 
-Throw my kids an art birthday party: Working on this.  Found a mobile art truck.  Kind of expensive though. 
-Host a killer Thanksgiving: This will be no problem. :)  I need to start collecting all my Thanksgiving recipes and table setting ideas somewhere... probably Pinterist unless it's possible to categorize here... I'm not so familiar with blogging. 
-Wake up between 4:30-6:00 a.m. every week day

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are liking it here :) I always hae lked the Blogger format ifnothing else bc its attached to your email & it's easy to upload things from your phone/other blogs

    I'm not sure I've done the cross out before o here though! I'll have to look for that bc it is super useful

    ReplyDelete
  2. re. babysitter 'zero sum game' i feel similarly re my projects which do not have an immediate payout but require much of my time thus preventing $$ things from actually hapening. I feel like eventually one reaches a level where those diffiulties even themselves out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm totally copying my format from other forums with the cross out approach... not typical on a blog I'd guess! But so helpful to me!! ... as for work... I'm not ready to give up on it entirely. I'm still trying to figure out the best use of my time- how and when and where and with whom. While teaching a yoga class is only 75 minutes, the time to prep has to factored in as well... but maybe that prep time doesn't feel like work and feels more like "me" time anyway... and do I want to continue in my other business industry... I'm just not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everyone should get paid to do yoga, then they'd actually do it!! get paid for somethign that's great for you, wow

      Delete