Saturday, October 8, 2016

For Saturday

After snafu yesterday, I ended up having a surprisingly good day.

I was able to broach the moving subject with landlady, and had a succesful outcome, something which I didn't think I would have.

As well decided to push myself and attend a spiritual event hosted by an old friend and also post roomie/landlady and it was remarkable and posibly life-changing (I say 'possibly' because you don't know that it's going to be life-changing till further on).

Opted NOT to get up hyper early today though I did wake up normally at 6am. Didn't feel that good waking up at 9 and obviously got late start and set myself up for staying up too late again. Did, though, go to bed fairly late yesterday. We'll see. Am more committed after this week than ever before to switching my allegiance to night-owl-ness though understandibly 38-year-old habits take a hit and miss approach to break.

So,,,


1) good conversation and ability to remain in a space of honesty with people with whom rapport exists/has existed in spite of fear of risk of playing an open hand in what is essentially in the end a business transaction anyway
2) daring myself to go to the event - I've been wanting to go to these things for at elast a year and i just don't really have it in me, but this time I did and it paid off
3) the sense that i can rely on my intuition or whatnot as in, "it is good to go" even if I don't know what for or if there's a risk. That's what it's all about in the end
4) we find out tomorrow. Good because it's no fun to live not knowing
5) from the look of it, good outcome regardless of outcome (I've no great desire to move though it's hard to pass up opp that is being presented here)

To Do


Today I want to be about the submission process thing.

1) excel for subs (art v. wtg) - this is a process where every day we submit one thing, I had this going 6 years ago and it really worked
2) sub at least one thing today
3) prep 5 things for sub depending on JH
4) 2 drafts for AA sub things (chicken thing & woman thing) actually was cat thing and tornado thing
5) two TF entries http://www.thriftyfun.com/
6) another fiverr gig
7) JH fiction NC thing - look thru hard drives for suitable thing printed one, waiting on other one
8) clean inbox

if time: - clean up room
- do laundry
- write book
- food/smoothie
- check hard drive back up (titanium, stubb a dub) for old titanium data


Tomorrow


1) from JH Lit Mag non fiction
2) prepare NC sub thing to mail monday (depends on JH)
3) meet bloke re house

No comments:

Post a Comment