Friday, October 14, 2016

Long Time No Write!

REFLECTIONS: It's been weeks since my last blog post and I realized I never published my last one!  I notice such a difference in my life when I take time for reflection and gratitude.

I feel such a drive to keep reinventing myself and revamping my life.  Sometimes I think that's a poor quality- just settle on something already.  Stop changing things around! But actually- I think it's a really great quality.  I won't give up on the life I want until it is exactly how I hoped it would be.

And what am I hoping for?  What's missing?  A little more daily joy.  Doing things that make me joyous.  Filling my cup.  And that's my focus for the rest of 2016.  Maybe even figuring out what exactly does fill my cup!

The election, the state of our country... I'm just dying inside.  It's so hard to focus when I'm so distracted by this.  I feel like I need to do something but I don't know what I could be doing... other than speaking up and trying to get people to be less racist, and gross... beyond that... I don't know.  

Things I will do differently this week:  I don't really need to change anything below.  I'm still working towards these things. 

Create and follow a schedule- (update: printed calendars and started updating) 
Be prepared for the day, before my family wakes up (update: hasn't happened yet) 
Take all of my supplements (update: keep forgetting)
Focus on 4 meals, 100 grams of protein and lots of nutrition veggies (have a commitment buddy!) 
Exercise daily (update: been doing great with daily exercise) 
Do fun (hopefully free) activities with my daughter while my son is at school(have one planned) 
Get out and do 2 things for myself that are fulfilling both spiritually and emotionally - things that bring JOY
 (I need to make this a daily thing) 

GRATITUDES:
-I am so grateful for the community of amazing women I am surrounded by.  They are so supportive and cool.
-I am so grateful that I can design my life exactly how I want to live it
-I am so grateful that I can always seem to muster up a flurry of hope even when I can't quite find the motivation
-I am so grateful for my cute husband
-I am so grateful that my kids LOVE each other SO MUCH
-I am so grateful that my friends are encouraging me to get out an play music more!

WHAT I'M DOING TODAY TO WIN AT LIFE: I'm not doing much right now to "win" at life.  I've been kind of just doing the minimum every day to get by.  It's such a low place to be.  I don't feel bad or depressed... I'm just no vibrating very high.  

Daily Non-Negotiables 
-take supplements
-stretch and meditate 
-30 minute 21 Day Fix workout  or 5K prep
-use meal plan tracker
-is this 5K prep day?
-shower/look beautiful/wear one piece of jewelry

New/Carry-Over To Do Today
I've done a ton on my last here.  Need to rewrite and add the new stuff in tomorrow's post.

-organize the desk
-organize my work stuff
-organize my yoga stuff
-check in on CRCD balance and pay off
-review finances 
-mail out S4S benefit cards
-make a weekly schedule again
-do monthly calendars for October, November, December  
-do something creative
-deep clean bedrooms, vacuum behind beds, under the furniture and clean the baseboard heater
-get laundry away
-clean and put back Teeny Tiny's carpet
-change sheets on the beds
-finish cleaning the bathroom
-start decorating the downstair playroom
-start clearing out the gym again
-hang up shelf in office 
*Bonus- clean the picture frames and put some pics in and possibly hang up


GOALS FOR THE REST OF 2016:

-Run 5K: Comments: OMG- this is next week... I better at least try to run.  
-Size 4 or 125: I'm back on target for this. 
-Put on another phenomenal charity event: Coming along!
-Make a vision board: Need to get ink for my printer
-Figure out a work situation that works for me AND pays! I got a raise and I am still working on it  
-Throw my kids an art birthday party: Need to make a decision about this...  
-Host a killer Thanksgiving: Stated watching on streaming food network, thanksgiving recipes- jotted them down in the notes section of my phone.  
-Wake up between 4:30-6:00 a.m. every week day-  I wish I could make this a habit... 

2 comments:

  1. i feel ya, last week was really good for me and this week is just shite, I dunno makes me kind of angry but choosing not to focus on that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet there is a clear pattern of "something" that marks the ebb and flow... if only I knew!

    ReplyDelete